Rays of Hope Community Grant Guidelines & Application
Thank you for your interest in supporting the mission of Rays of Hope, which is to raise funds to improve the breast health of the people in our communities with quality and compassion in partnership with the Baystate Health Breast Network and Rays of Hope. Programs supported by Rays of Hope must advance one or more of the following areas:
● offers community education and outreach;
● provides coordinated, accessible, and medically advanced care at the initial stage of diagnosis, continuing through treatment and recovery;
● supports patients through the continuum of care that acknowledges the needs of the whole person; and
● funds breast cancer research.
The Rays of Hope Community Advisory Board gives priority to grant applications that address breast cancer screening, treatment or survivorship through clinical or basic science investigation. All grant applicants will have the following criteria applied to the evaluation of their proposals:
• The project must meet the Rays of Hope mission and goals.
• Applications not accurately completing directions, meeting timelines or conforming to the process will not be funded.
• The project must show it meets a specific need or clinical concern and include supporting data and research to support the request.
• There should be measurable outcomes for clients and the community.
• Preference will be given to programs who document new participants attending their program
• The Rays of Hope evaluation form will be required by program participants including the following information and submitted with quarterly reports:
• Survivor Family Member
• Place of treatment for Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology and Radiation Oncology
• Active/ Non Active Treatment
• Outreach Attendee
· Rays of Hope should be clearly identified as a funding source in all promotional materials and programs.
· The project should expand knowledge in the field of breast care.
2015 Community Grant Application (pdf file) DUE BACK TO RAYS OF HOPE ON FRIDAY, MAY 9, 2014
2015 Community Grant Budget Report (pdf file)